About EDUCATE JAMAICA
EDUCATE JAMAICA is the extraordinary parent company for a number of local education brands and a number of special projects. EDUCATE JAMAICA was established in 2012 as a Jamaican-owned Global Independent Education New Media & Technology Company (Not-Focused-On-Profit). We've combined our new media and technology platform, with our think tank and key education services platform. We are an Education Behemoth that is focused on social change, undertaken through development and innovation within the education sector of Jamaica. EDUCATE JAMAICA is described by key individuals in the education sector as one of the most remarkable corporate style premium brand in education and a leading authority in education and education related matters.
EDUCATE JAMAICA is an education ecosystem, which combines and fosters all of our education products, services and brands within the ecosystem. This ecosystem brings together all the education stakeholders within the industry. The EDUCATE JAMAICA ecosystem comprises of 6 divisions. They are the Community Hubs Division, EJM (Advisory & Consulting Division), The Living & Learning Division, Education News & Publications Division, Universal Jobs In Education (recruitment services division) and last but not least, The Education Marketplace Division.
EDUCATE JAMAICA is a positive disruptor, lending our voice to the cause and development of education and subsequently have collaborated with many individuals, organizations, and companies who share our cause. EDUCATE JAMAICA has no interest in an individual/organization/company's political, racial or religious beliefs and seeks to work with anyone who puts the educational interest of the Jamaican people at the forefront.
OUR BROAD MISSION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR LIVING & LEARNING PARTNERS:
1. To Make a Difference in the local education sphere.
2. To have an impact in the local education sphere.
3. To add value to the local education sphere.
Our vision for education is bold and ambitious and, our aim is to democratize education in Jamaica as well as aid in creating a world-class education system that produces well-rounded individuals, who have been prepared adequately to contribute socially and economically to the society. Our focus is on all key stages of the education system, namely early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary and special education. EDUCATE JAMAICA seeks to create an education movement that will lead to a significant improvement in the educational levels of the citizens of Jamaica.
To achieve our aim, there are some areas that we intend to focus on. These areas are outlined below:
- Promote innovation in education
- To advocate for a greater role for the private sector in the education sector
- To invest heavily in our education publications
- To facilitate extensive discussions/forums/education research into the challenges and opportunities facing the education system
- Promote dialogue and debate about the future of education in Jamaica
- Encourage the development of new policy initiatives, whilst encouraging social and educational innovation
- Encourage and facilitate good practice
- Introduce programmes that are based on practical evidence and quantifiable impact
- to introduce programmes at the community level that will improve the educational levels of the citizens of Jamaica
- Encourage and Promote a public-private partnership as a way forward to improve innovation in the education sector
MEDIA | ONLINE | PUBLICATIONS
Ainsworth Darby M.A. B.ed (hons) Dip.ed
Founder & Chairman