EDUCATE JAMAICA (educatejamaica.org) is a Not-for-profit Social Enterprise Education Behemoth, which combines a think tank platform with education services for stakeholders. It's an online platform, which focuses on innovation and development within the education sector in Jamaica. EDUCATE JAMAICA seeks to lend its voice to the cause and development of education and subsequently have collaborated with many individuals, organizations, and companies who share this cause. EDUCATE JAMAICA has no interest in an individual/organization/company's political, racial or religious beliefs and seeks to work with anyone who puts the educational interest of the Jamaican people at the forefront.
Our vision for education is bold and ambitious and, our aim is to aid in creating a world-class education system that produces well-rounded individuals, who have been prepared adequately to contribute socially and economically to the society. Our focus is on all key stages of the education system, namely early childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary and special education. EDUCATE JAMAICA seeks to create an education movement that will lead to a significant improvement in the educational levels of the citizens of Jamaica.
To achieve our aim, there are some areas that we intend to focus on. These areas are outlined below:
- Promote innovation in education
- To advocate for a greater role for the private sector in the education sector
- To invest heavily in our education publications
- To facilitate extensive discussions/forums/education research into the challenges and opportunities facing the education system
- Promote dialogue and debate about the future of education in Jamaica
- Encourage the development of new policy initiatives, whilst encouraging social and educational innovation
- Encourage and facilitate good practice
- Introduce programmes that are based on practical evidence and quantifiable impact
- to introduce programmes at the community level that will improve the educational levels of the citizens of Jamaica
- Encourage and Promote a public-private partnership as a way forward to improve innovation in the education sector
We live by our motto: RETHINKING EDUCATION