Our Mission and Vision
"Why do we exist?"
EDUCATE JAMAICA's mission is to democratise education in Jamaica, giving Jamaican citizens a good chance at obtaining a quality education and improve their life chances as well as experience success.
We're on a mission to unlock human potential through education. EDUCATE JAMAICA's mission is to help Jamaicans lead better lives through opportunities provided by receiving a better education or better educational opportunities.
Our mission is to enrich education, which will enable us to enrich lives. We would like to improve community access to learning and create an environment where learning is embedded into living. At EDUCATE JAMAICA we are aware that all developed nations have one thing in common and that one thing is an educated society.
EDUCATE JAMAICA believes that education is the greatest opportunity we have to alleviate poverty and bring prosperity to the great island nation of Jamaica. The Government of Jamaica says by 2030 Jamaica should be awarded the status of developed economy. I think we can achieve it; however education and training will play a vital role in our nation achieving this objective. We are focused on enriching the lives of each citizen of Jamaica via the use of a community outreach strategy. Our vision at EDUCATE JAMAICA is for Jamaica to become the great nation we are meant to be. Our mission at EDUCATE JAMAICA is to make it happen using all the resources at our disposal.
OUR BROAD MISSION IN PARTNERSHIP WITH OUR LIVING & LEARNING PARTNERS:
1. To Make a Difference in the local education sphere.
2. To have an impact in the local education sphere.
3. To add value to the local education sphere.
To achieve our aim, there are some areas that we intend to focus on. These areas are outlined below:
- Promote innovation in education
- To advocate for a greater role for the private sector in the education sector
- To invest heavily in our education publications
- To facilitate extensive discussions/forums/education research into the challenges and opportunities facing the education system
- Promote dialogue and debate about the future of education in Jamaica
- Encourage the development of new policy initiatives, whilst encouraging social and educational innovation
- Encourage and facilitate good practice
- Introduce programmes that are based on practical evidence and quantifiable impact
- to introduce programmes at the community level that will improve the educational levels of the citizens of Jamaica
We live by our motto: ENRICH EDUCATION, ENRICH LIVES.
- Encourage and Promote a public-private partnership as a way forward to improve innovation in the education sector
Ainsworth Darby M.A. B.ed (hons) Dip.ed
Founder & Chairman