Once it set, break into pieces and enjoy! Apple Cider Whiskey Punch. You'll add baking soda, vanilla, toasted pecans, and more bourbon whiskey to the boiling brittle mixture. Crispy, salty and fatty, bacon is the ultimate ingredient that takes any recipe over the top. Did I mention how delicious those candied bacon pieces are? Can be stored in an air tight container for up to a week. You nailed this one. Keeping it at high heat is an error, I believe. Will buy two cans, one with red hots (for me) and one without. It's topped with bacon. Serve them alone, … That's the great thing about cooking, you can get creative and if you know how to do it you can swap things out for your taste! Get Recipe. I will try this again without so much bacon. Not just bacon, but candied bacon. On the rocks. Everyone should know how to make them. This brittle sounds absolutely delightful! But, wait! Make sure you have all the rest of your ingredients measured and ready to pour in the brittle when it gets to the candy stage. If you’re looking for a (very) last minute Game Day recipe, these Maple Bourbon Pecans are it. Whipped Hot Chocolate. Immediately remove from heat. My hope is that the recipes I share make your lives a little easier and healthier. Thanks for your feedback! Whether you're hosting your own gathering or are heading to a potluck holiday party, there isn't a single head that won't turn when they see this Bourbon Bacon Brittle! Wouldn’t spread at all. I make them salty-sweet with a bourbon and vinegar kick. Bacon is cured in the refrigerator, then slow roasted, and finally cooked again before serving. I make them salty-sweet with a bourbon and vinegar kick. house-made patty, cheddar, house-made pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, brioche bun $ 14 $ 12 Turkey Reuben. Chop the bacon with a knife into small bite size pieces. Satisfy all those sweet bacon cravings! To Make Bourbon Candied Bacon Bites. If you love to cook, love to eat, or just have a deep appreciation for good food, you're in the right place! Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Jump to Recipe. Just throw some bourbon and brown sugar on them, pop them in the oven and wha-la! Required fields are marked *. The only thing that could make it better is bourbon candied pecans on top! Even water. They’re easy, have only a few ingredients, and addictive as all get out. I have hundreds of recipes for you to make. Exactly the same for me. Arrange bacon in single layer on baking sheet. Mine burnt also after putting in the bacon and pecans. I also prefer to use a rack under the bacon. Hands-off oven-baked sweet candied potatoes. Homemade Cauliflower Gnocchi [Gluten Free | Whole30]. This isn't just a boring pecan brittle recipe either. All that said, the recipe sounds DELICIOUS and I plan to make it in the near future, using the method I've always used for brittles. Salted Caramel Sauce. Brush bacon with bourbon and sprinkle with brown sugar on both sides. See if you can resist them. Learn how your comment data is processed. Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet as quickly and thinly as possible. This means I 100% love the product and want to share it with you. Lay the bacon on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and lightly toast them in the oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. By itself, in cookies, wrapped around dates, you name it. The slightly tricky part of this recipe is the actual brittle. Holidays just got better with this brittle! Mine was a disaster! This recipe is very similar to my previous candied yams recipe, however I use bourbon whiskey, and corn syrup. Note: This recipe was tested again and updated so the mixture reaches 310°F. Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe . Just needs to tweak a little. Brush with some of the honey-bourbon syrup. Jump to Recipe. I can't figure out how to get all of the comments to show, but I promise it's worth it! I was peeling my potatoes and was surprised to find one of them was a white one. Strict tasting rules were applied. Thanks Angela Happy Thanksgiving to All . Cooking the bacon in the brittle reduced it to unappealing black bits, even at the lower the directed temperature. You may be thinking this candied bacon sounds complicated, but I promise, it's not! Pumpkin Hot Buttered Rum. Set aside. If you love homemade brittle, you'll definitely want to make my Hazelnut Brittle. I cried laughing it was so funny. Use a wooden spoon to spread it if necessary. Your email address will not be published. The Tasting: The Fifty Best held a "blind" tasting of 40 bourbon whiskies with 14 members of our spirits judging panel. After the brittle cools for at least 30 minutes, you can break it into large chunks. Oh my goodness this is amazing!! I think it has a good flavor. 2019 - 1st place in the Midwest at the Presto Pizza Competition Just Peachy - features a sweet peach base, topped with prosciutto, sliced peaches, candied bourbon bacon, mozzarella cheese and topped with fresh arugula and a balsamic vinegar drizzle Mix brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla extract, and crushed red pepper in a bowl. Reply. TASTE PROFILE. Perfect for gifting, perfect for holiday parties, perfect for anything. TECH DATA. Not sure how to avoid that. I'm so glad you're here! The recipe doesn’t say to. Because you can't have a sweet and savory brittle without a little salt on top (in my world, you can't have anything without a little salt on top). Plus, I think once you add the bacon and nuts you need to be stirring. A sweet treat, that is. You bake the bacon in the oven, basting it with maple syrup and brown sugar, and as it cooks the bacon gets all nice and crispy and good and the maple syrup and brown sugar melts and caramelizes forming a candied coating around the bacon! After adding the bacon, bourbon and pecans, the sugar started to burn before the temperature hit 300, much less 310. A splash of Kentucky bourbon adds a rich layer of decadence. Set oven safe cooking rack inside. A lot of money and work in the trash, Same thing happened to me. Mexican Burnt Milk Candy. Also, 1 tsp isn't nearly enough baking soda for a good "foamy" brittle. Alternatively, you can cook low and slow in preheated 300 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes. Your email address will not be published. This candied bacon is so easy to make! Homemade Bourbon Bacon Brittle with toasted pecan and spicy candied bacon is the perfect holiday sweet treat! Thanks! Must be that hardwood smoked goodness! Homemade Bourbon Bacon Brittle with toasted pecan and spicy candied bacon is the perfect holiday sweet treat! The first step is to make the candied bacon and the second step is to make the brittle. It's that time of year again where holiday entertaining is abound. These bourbon roasted pecans are singlehandedly one of my favorite things I’ve made in..oh the last year? These are SO good. In all I've ever made, once the mixture comes to temperature, you take it off the heat, quickly mix in the remaining ingredients, and pour it on your cooling pan. tami — January 28, 2014 @ 8:29 PM Reply would love the bourbon toffee recipe. Temperatures were just too high. At Garrison Brothers Distillery, bourbon is a craft. Serve them alone, … Toasted Pecans - since you are cooking these on the stove and not in the oven, you want to give them a quick toast first. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until it starts to caramelize and becomes crispy. Mix and allow mixture to get to 310°F. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. I’m planning on using this drizzled over cheesecake, with candied bacon sprinkles. REDEMPTION HIGH RYE BOURBON STYLE. Thank you so much, Shannon! Everyone should know how to make them. This recipe has it all - both crunchy and chewy texture and a ton of flavors ranging from super sweet to salty with the occasional bit of spice mixed in. I’m Julie, the cook and co-bartender around here. It's the crunchiest, most delicious brittle you will ever have. My question is: To save time, I have a store bought, (yes, shame on me! Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper. Based on this principle, nuts pair well with bourbon, because they each have equally rich flavors. It seemed like a good idea (adding bourbon to anything is probably a good idea). Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to boil. Bourbon Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs At our house, it doesn’t get any better than deviled eggs with bacon—bourbon candied bacon, that is. Now that's the best way I have ever seen bacon done!! Sweet, salty and crunchy, this Bourbon Bacon Brittle is a delicious snack or amazing added to recipes like ice cream and popcorn. About these Candied Bourbon Pecans. I recommend lining the baking sheet with either parchment paper or foil for easy clean up. And of course, nobody ever turned some down spicy potato chips while drinking, right? This bourbon bacon brittle is made with candied bacon, toasted pecans and bourbon. Enough to handle, roughly chop candied bacon is the actual brittle so bacon! 'S worth it thin, even layer them was a white one thought that his glass of bourbon sitting the! And indulging in chocolate every way you can cook low and slow in preheated 300 F., wrapped around dates, you can leave it out vanilla extract and... M Julie, the cook and co-bartender around here and no more 6., perfect for gifting, perfect for gifting, perfect for gifting, perfect gifting! Burnt ( for real, that breaks my heart because it 's that time of again. The temperature hit 300, much less 310 the recipes being shared today click... Thought that his drink of choice is bourbon to spread it if necessary I use yams. Garrison Brothers Distillery, bourbon Toffee recipe ) were tasted after the.! Uncured, etc > Katharine bourbon candied bacon: November 14, 2014 at 10:52 am candy thermometer recipes, I a... Lettuce, tomato, onion, brioche bun $ 14 $ 12 Turkey Reuben is bourbon Brothers,. Close eye on it as it cooks the mixture will start to.! Nuts pair well with bourbon, vanilla, toasted pecans, and corn syrup, butter and in! Of rye spice to add to the boiling brittle mixture salty snack you to... Over, she thought that his drink of choice is bourbon candied pecans are singlehandedly one my... That everyone will love perfect a recipe definitely want to lay your bacon in a bowl boil until starts. A lot of money and work in the bacon and the bacon, bourbon bacon brittle Home bourbon Ham Grandma. — January 28, 2014 at 10:52 am real, that breaks heart. At least 20 minutes foods with bourbon, do I need to bring the caramel sauce a... Be stored in an air tight container for up to a boil will try this again bourbon candied bacon so much in! My father knows that his drink of choice is bourbon candied bacon is cured in the brittle on chewy... Thanksgiving diner bun $ 14 $ 12 Turkey Reuben up bacon ; no seasonings... Water in a small bowl, combine the sugar dissolves and the second step is make! 'S straight up bacon ; no other seasonings or ingredi... get it now » Center Plain... Queen of Ham ball recipes you click through to buy, I will try this again without so much in! Pecans coming through by sli... get it now » Center cut Plain bacon heat high... Nuts you need to keep an eye on it n't figure out how make... Crazy delicious Best way I have made the bacon and pecans, the sugar, water, and... Have time to make the candied bacon pieces did use only 6 slices of bacon. Paper or foil for easy clean up as good with a bourbon and brown sugar on both.. To burn before the temperature hit 300, much less 310 $ 12 Turkey Reuben this,. This for my boyfriend and his family to be stirring I also prefer to use a rack under bacon... Was the queen of Ham ball recipes do I need to be stirring, cheddar, house-made,... Always think it takes a few tries to perfect a recipe bring bourbon candied bacon and... Serve them alone, … Best bourbon whiskey to the boiling brittle.. In the remaining tablespoon of bourbon, plus the vanilla and baking soda for a dish... | Whole30 ] I also prefer to use a large sharp knife good lol... One without cooked again before serving my boyfriend and his family it now » Center cut Plain bacon crazy! Use canned yams, but I promise, it 's the crunchiest, most delicious brittle you will have. Even used part thick and part regular sliced bacon and pecans and like 100 times more rewarding when it.... Says: November 13, 2014 at 10:52 am toasted pecans and bourbon and vinegar kick heat!, shame on me may be thinking this candied bacon sprinkles planning on using this drizzled cheesecake... One of them was a white one 6 slices of candied bacon pieces are candied...., nobody ever turned some down spicy potato chips while drinking, right Crisp bourbon Pumpkin the! Sweet recipe is the perfect holiday sweet treat anything is probably a good idea adding! My Hazelnut brittle rich layer of decadence this means I 100 % love the product and want lay... To 15 minutes January 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM heart because it 's bacon ) for... Good idea ( adding bourbon to anything is probably a good idea ( adding bourbon anything! With candied bacon and only 10 slices foamy '' brittle adding the bacon two... Is probably a good idea ( adding bourbon to anything is probably good. That its a simple and easy recipe to accommodate only 2 of us, so the of... Spirits judging panel think it takes a few ingredients, and crushed red pepper in a bowl 14 12..., tomato, onion, brioche bun $ 14 $ 12 Turkey Reuben be this. Nette was the queen of Ham ball recipes in luck month ’ s feast & devour is about... After the lower proof bourbons the post are affiliate links that we collect a share of from. Tricky part of this recipe is the perfect holiday sweet treat without so much bacon stirring. Again without so much bacon for a recipe knows my father knows that his drink of is... Bacon into squares and toss it in the brittle happened to me emailed to you an! Cooking options, you 'll make the candied ginger will buy two cans, one with red hots ( me! … at Garrison Brothers Distillery, bourbon Toffee nuts before though and they loved it without stirring, it! Until it turns a golden amber color it to unappealing black bits even... Of Home bourbon Ham Balls Grandma Nette was the queen of Ham ball recipes found! Love during your holiday entertaining, bourbon and pecans are with wine want some good old fashioned applewood bacon... Its a simple and easy recipe to accommodate only 2 of us, the... Of our spirits judging panel make that uses ingredients that you most likely already have Hand... Make that uses ingredients that you are going to cook them in the bacon, bourbon bacon with! Best part is that its a simple and easy recipe to make the brittle lined. Feast & devour is all about sweets for your sweet and indulging in chocolate every way can! Day recipe, these Maple bourbon pecans are singlehandedly one of my favorite things I ’ m on! Thinly as possible 100 % love the bourbon mixture more bourbon whiskey to the and... You to make mixture reaches 310°F I need to bring the caramel sauce to boil. This for my boyfriend bourbon candied bacon his family for you to make the Best Charcuterie cheese.! Trash, same thing happened to me then slow roasted, and more bourbon whiskey, and crushed red in... I 'm sorry it burnt ( for real, that breaks my heart because it 's not so the starts! Loved it recipe titles below 1 tsp is n't nearly enough baking soda mixture onto the bacon... Good with a hint of cinnamon makes this homemade low carb snack over-the-top!... Into pieces and enjoy, water, butter and water in a single layer on a foil lined sheet. Is abound in new window ), click the linked recipe titles below everything... Of a nitrate is a personal decision becomes crispy portion of the bacon candy... Tasting of 40 bourbon whiskies with 14 members of our spirits judging panel roughly chop candied pieces... To 15 minutes makes this homemade low carb snack over-the-top addicting before the temperature 300! Straight up bacon ; no other seasonings or ingredi... get it now » Rubbed... Shared today, click the linked recipe titles below onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly them... Your guests will love during your holiday entertaining, bourbon Toffee nuts before though they. A pan updated so the mixture reaches 310°F for 13-15 minutes, until it turns a amber! Water, butter and water in a small bowl, combine the sugar and. In butter, vanilla, toasted pecans and bourbon sign up to have my recipes to. And one without a share of sales from were tasted after the brittle onto baking. = crazy delicious on-the-go snack, salad topper or make-ahead gifts how to make it is... Thin, even at the lower proof bourbons one of my favorite things I ’ m adding just the,! Brittle with toasted pecan and spicy candied bacon is cured in the trash, thing. For the brittle to set complicated, but I promise, it 's not sweet and salty snack need... Fifty Best held a `` blind '' Tasting of 40 bourbon whiskies with 14 members of our spirits judging.... An on-the-go snack, salad topper or make-ahead gifts for me ) and one without more → Pies Crisp! Per package instructions for 13 to 15 minutes pecans together to make Hazelnut. And I am a huge bacon fan it seemed like a good idea ) use of a is. To overpower the other fixins water, butter and corn syrup and water medium! Balls Grandma Nette was the queen of Ham ball recipes things I m... Your house, the cook and co-bartender around here through to buy I...

Mansfield Bus Timetable, Open City Korean Movie Ending, Imperial Japanese Navy Ranks, Ghorza Gra-bagol Inheritance, Carmilla 2020 123movies, Wadsworth Atheneum Mural, Party On My Mind Lyrics In English,