Apart from providing a perfect marketplace for buyers and sellers of EDUCATIONAL ITEMS to connect, our platform also focuses on the security and safety of our users. A part of that security involves users helping us to protect them and so we are taking this opportunity to encourage people to be aware of possible individuals who may try unscrupulous acts.
Things to do to protect/safeguard yourself when using EJ ONLINE EDU-STORE to purchase educational items.
- Whether you are a seller or a buyer NEVER go to meet the other party on your own. Always take another adult with you. If you are a young person between the ages of 16 of 18, DO NOT agree to meet another individual on your own; notify your parents of your intention to sell or buy an item via our website and always go with an adult when doing so.
- Whether you are a seller or a buyer NEVER meet the other party at their home or invite them to yours. Public places are always safer and better. There is less threat of harm being brought to you.
- Limit the amount of cash you carry on you when arranging to collect your item. Bring only the amount of money that is needed. NEVER send money through western union, moneygram or any other money transfer service. ANYONE who advises you to do this is likely looking to scam you.
- DON’T accept money orders or cashier's cheque or any other cheque. They may be fake. Cash is always best in transactions like these.
- EJ ONLINE EDU-STORE does not process, receive or is involved in any form of transactions. We are only a medium to connect buyers and sellers of EDUCATIONAL ITEMS INCLUDING NEW/USED BOOKS.
- If you are a seller or a buyer, NEVER reveal to the other party your FINANCIAL INFORMATION and by financial information, we are referring to things like credit card details, bank account number or any other type of financial information that might put you at risk.
- Check the ITEMS thoroughly to make sure they are in a good condition. Do not take items in sealed packages without opening it up and checking the condition of the item (s). If it is a book please check for missing pages, torn pages etc.
- Children below the age of 16 should allow their parents to carry out all transactions on their behalf.
- It’s very important to take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline.
- Take your cell phone along with you in case of an emergency.
- Trust your instincts, if the person appears strange, chances are they might be strange. Following your god given instincts is one way of avoiding danger and putting yourself at risk.
If you take these simple precautionary measures you will continue to make yourself and EJ ONLINE EDU-STORE a safer site.
Thanks for reading our guide. Now put our guidance into practice.